vBulletin/PHP Installing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

habitatxskate

Beta member
I have edition 6 Gold Edition of vBulletin and I'm having some problems installing. I gave up trying to register on the vBulletin site. Anyways, I'm hoping you can help. I uploaded everything to my server and so on. I entered my custom number and so on. So far it went good. I go to Step 2 and then i get an error. It says 5 minute installed; I'm on hour 4. Alright here is the message I get everytime.

Step 2) Connect to the database

Attempting to attach to database

Error description: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) /home/.bobwhite/killersparadise/killersparadise.werm.org/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 271

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

What value should I change? I'm new but so far no major problems. Can someone tell me what information I need to solve this issue? Well I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.-Jesse

It seems like your config.php is incorrect and so when vbulletin is trying to connect, it's getting rejected. Make sure everything is correct (hostname, db username, db password and db name).

well what value should they be?

i changed db name to trucktalk i did the password to a password and a db username i didn't make, hostname is localhost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom