vBulletin install

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiXiS

Solid State Member
Hello,

We have all necessary vBulletin files and we want to install it on our website. It's legal.

What program we should use and how to install/transfer those files?

Also, if earlier was PHPBB3 forum, then all it's data will be erased?

This depends on your hosting how you choose to do this.
Since vBulletin and PHPBB3 are two different forums, then yes, all data would be missing from the previous site, as vBulletin does not know how to read PHPBB3 data.

I use FireZilla, an FTP client, to upload all my files.
However, before you install vBulletin, you need to make a MYSQL database and username associated with that database, because vBulletin requires both of these to be installed.

If you have a legal copy of the forum software, then there is an installation instruction manual within the .zip file. It is very helpful.

I use FireZilla, an FTP client, to upload all my files.
However, before you install vBulletin, you need to make a MYSQL database and username associated with that database, because vBulletin requires both of these to be installed.

If you have a legal copy of the forum software, then there is an installation instruction manual within the .zip file. It is very helpful.

I'm going to have to second the use of Filezilla. It is very simple to use once it is set up (especially if you are wanting to add mods to your vBulletin). Definitely light years faster than using the file manager in cPanel. I will note this as well. I had problems installing my vBulletin initially. Support (meaning vBulletin support) was nice enough to help me out and do it for me when I kept getting errors. May want to check that out if you have issues with it.

You going to want to login your vbulletin customer account and and download a copy of impex to use in converting/importing the phpbb db into vBulletin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom