VB.Net I HATE IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

septoid2

Daemon Poster
I can't take it. I tried to like it, I tried to learn it. I HATE IT!! I hate EVERYTHING about the Visual Studio.NET platform, from the ASP.Net to the J# and the VB.Net, I hate it! Visual Basic being my first programming language to ever learn, which btw, I still don't know how to use, was really a struggle for me to really get interested in it. HTML, Javascript, PHP, all of these I picked up just by reading about them, but the visual studio languages are another story totally.

Man... yeah...:eek:

Computer languages are similar to human languages in that, the first one you learn always makes more sense than the others and you forever compare, but different computer languages developed from different purposes and that's the best way to look at it I fnd... If you can do everything in a language that you know and like then stick to it, but you may only discover the restrictions of a language by trying a new one... I learnt Java first and thought it was all I ever needed - I was then forced to learn Visual Basic and didn't like it because I was comapring it's structure to Java, I don't really like VB.Net either at the moment, but I'm about to learn C++.Net because I know that it has a lot to offer for the internet. In general though, I'm always advising people not to learn new languages unless they need to. You can spend too long learning alternatives and not actually use your knowledge very much. Lots of programmers do this, desperate to "know" every language. So there....

If you were good at PHP, take a look at C++.NET or C#.NET. They would be much more to your tastes.

I personally am dropping C++ for C#.NET because I feel that C++ is being left behind in terms of support in the .NET platform.

But, really, all the .NET languages are so similar that I could easily translate any solution from VB to C# to C++, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom