Total noob wants to learn VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

snypercore

Daemon Poster
any good tuttorials that start from THE BEGINING? the ones i read are kinda aimed at people with some sorta experience.

any good tuttorials that start from THE BEGINING? the ones i read are kinda aimed at people with some sorta experience.

One advice, stay away from those books that say it'll teach you that stuff in 24hours or 40days or w/e. I heard it's bs. Go to a nearby university and see what texts they use, universities use good books.. for the most part anyway. (make sure it's a intro level class book, don't pick up a upper division class book)

yea i had a 24 1 with java, didnt happen lol i started with vb and made a chat bot i posted a tutorial on here, and then i moved to php:) have a look at my chat bot search 4 it or pm me 4 the link:)

there loads of tutorial on this site just look at the left hand side n click what u wanna learn like, php or perl n so on Photoshop Tutorials and Flash Tutorials

yea i had a 24 1 with java, didnt happen lol i started with vb and made a chat bot i posted a tutorial on here, and then i moved to php:) have a look at my chat bot search 4 it or pm me 4 the link:)

there loads of tutorial on this site just look at the left hand side n click what u wanna learn like, php or perl n so on Photoshop Tutorials and Flash Tutorials
Thanks for the link. I'm also new here and want to learn how PHP and MySQL works. Hoping to admin:) a PhP website in the future

Forget Visual Basics. Start from the middle and wriggle yourself the way up. If you have a knack for programming, you'll understand C++ from the beginning.

One advice, stay away from those books that say it'll teach you that stuff in 24hours or 40days or w/e. I heard it's bs. Go to a nearby university and see what texts they use, universities use good books.. for the most part anyway. (make sure it's a intro level class book, don't pick up a upper division class book)

Ohh man!! i gotta "sams teach your self c++ in 3weeks" right next to me!!!. Oh well im not much of a reading person anyway, the book has around 845+pages (skrew dat!)

But i really want to learn c++.

there crap and 2 long plus you can read the book from there website, i found tht out when i visted it lol i have learnt actionscript and just done a flash tour for a hotel wt i finished today, im only 16. im now doin them a website with the 360 spin of the room n tht. i would start with what ever you want to make, like me:) i learn everyday like i will learn more about php has im doin them a website. i have created a php login system with myphpadmin. Now i want to create an online enquiry for rooms online but not sure how to get started prob best buying 1 lol bt gd luck check my chatbot vb tutorial http://www.techist.com/forums/f11/how-make-chat-bot-146191/ gd luck wih w.e you do:)

those learn in 24 hour books are actually ok , you don't learn it in 24 hours but it does give enough info to get started.

Visual basic is a great language to begin with I started that at first. Your best bet is online guides:

gaming VB tutorial:
Visual Basic Tutorial

beginner VB tutorial:
Visual Basic Tutorial

guides for beginners, intermediate and advanced:
http://www.garybeene.com/vb/tutor.htm

beginner:
Free Visual Basic 6.0 tutorial - Lesson 1

VB command descriptions:
Visual Basic Command Descriptions

vb beginners guide, variables commands and arrays:
Alpha - Beginners Guide to Visual Basic