total NOOB wants to learn how to program...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should start with vb thts wt i did, read my tutorial it will get u started by downloading vb and tell you how to make a chating program like msn but have some1 talking back to you like your computer :) http://www.techist.com/forums/f11/how-make-chat-bot-146191-new/ You might think its just copy n paste but when you want to add stuff in you get to learn the stuff like ElseIf statements and you will become aware of more stuff as you progress atleast you get to know how to start n make n see how a program works gd luck m8 this is my 1st program i made but not my last lol

well y anit it free. Cant you download easy php and test it on there? (Localhost) google EASY PHP

i need help with this too.... i wanna work on this and not waste my summer like i did so far......

Depends what you want to do.

I suggest VB ONLY if you don't want to learn other programming languages why? cause it teaches you bad habits. they didn't call its visual BASICS for nothing. its simple. VBs syntax is almost like a one of a kind.

Unlike PHP, C++ they are all fairly simliar, not the same just similar.

What are your goals, what do you want to do with a programming language?
C++ is widely used these days, especially in the games industry.
Java is what I started with and now who's mobile phone doesn't have a Java game.
I also hear my University has started teach VB as an introduction to programming instead of Java.

cause it teaches you bad habits

But as Lutics says it teaches you bad habits, ive worked with someone who started with VB and his code gave me a headache, no one but him understood it LOL (built in job security)

I say learn Java with a nice Java book with demo disk in the back, hours of fun.

I suggest VB ONLY if you don't want to learn other programming languages why? cause it teaches you bad habits.
Bad coding habits do not arise from learning different languages.

i brought my seld teach yourself java in 24 hours the book wasn't that good but it showed you the java software needed but i think java can be a bit boring. specially reading that book anyway. i think VB i created a chat program in a day i have a tutorial on here how to do it n it shows you the right software, that was the first program i made:) and proud of it except i really do need to make some improvements but thats how you learn :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom