Thread Placement - Please read before posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily

Daemon Poster
Since I've been moving almost every thread to a subforum, I decided to make a general guide about what types of posts should go in which subforum. Please read this post before creating new threads; also, if your thread seems to have gone missing please check the subforums. I won't be leaving redirects after I move things anymore because they just clog up the main forum.

For the general Programmer's Lounge forum, you can post threads about any languages not covered in the subforums, or threads that don't have a specific language (for example, what language would be best to accomplish something).

The Visual Basic Programming subforum is for threads about any version of Visual Basic, including .net, and anything else closely related to VB, such as VB script (though this could also go in Web Development), non-Microsoft VB compilers, etc.

The Web Development subforum is for all web programming. This includes HTML, CGI/PERL, PHP, ASP, JAVA, JavaScript, Flash/ActionScript, etc. - anything used on a website.

The C Development subforum is pretty self-explanatory - C, C++, C#, C/C variant compilers. If it has C in the name, it goes in there.

And finally MS Office Development, which is for things like macros that are used in conjunction with and to complement Microsoft Office products.

Obviously it's not a big deal to move things but it just keeps things organized and clear when they're in the right place to begin with. If you're not sure where something goes, feel free to PM me! Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom