Thoughts on VS 2005 Beta 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Something Sexy

In Runtime
Currently installing Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and was curious if anyone else has tried this and what you think about it? I am in my 3rd year of schooling for Software Engineering and I do alot of C++, C# and ASP.NET programming, curious to what others think about this 2005 beta.

Finally got it installed, it is AMAZING, there are so many options and environments to program in. Microsoft definitely took their time on 2005, I can't wait till the actual product comes out. If you can get your hands on VS 2005 Beta 2, do it.

Something Sexy: Don't use VS 2005 Beta 2 for C# and C++ programming, use a Linux dist. As for ASP.NET, don't use it at all.

Iron_Cross: If you really want VS 2005 Beta 2, download BearShare or Kazaa and search for it or google for a free copy of it.

Vex said:
Something Sexy: Don't use VS 2005 Beta 2 for C# and C++ programming, use a Linux dist. As for ASP.NET, don't use it at all.

Can I get a reason why before you just denounce it? I have used Visual Studio for all my projects and pretty much everything I program and it is a easy to use environment/interface and has everything I need, I don't see me changing my tools any time soon. And am I wrong to say that I would probably have to use Visual Studio .NET to program in ASP .NET?

I like VS also. I'm sure there are other good IDEs out there, but VS seems to be one of the best. Unfortunately, it comes at a cost. a BIG one, too. Rrrgh. That's mostly what I hate about it.

Yea cost sucks but I get it through school and work, I love VS, and what other tool would I want to use to program Windows Forms?

C++ has taken on a whole new level of power in the Visual Studio suite with all the new .NET managed code stuff. I'm an old-school C/C++ programmer and I learned Windows programming on WinAPI and MFC... I'm just moving to .NET-managed stuff in the VS.NET 2005 Beta 2 environment and I love it so far.

I can't imagine what it would be like walking into programming at this point though... talk about a muddled mess... I do like the new enhancements they made to the language though.

I cringe at the thought of MFC, I hated learning and doing MFC in school it was horrible, I thank God for managed c++ and the new C# windows forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom