Text-Based Game

Have you used your browser's F12 dev-tools and gone to that element when it's displaying to see what properties are being applied to it (such as margins, padding, etc.) or what objects/controls are still around it that could be pushing it down?

Have you used your browser's F12 dev-tools and gone to that element when it's displaying to see what properties are being applied to it (such as margins, padding, etc.) or what objects/controls are still around it that could be pushing it down?

I looked all over it and nothing seems to be affecting it... All the elements that I disappeared have the display="none", so that shouldn't affect it, and there are very few style pieces that would push one button down further... I have no idea what is wrong here...

When you're in your dev tools in Chrome or FF, and you hover over the element in the code view portion, it should show the padding/margins on it or if there's something pushing it down. Have you looked there?

When you're in your dev tools in Chrome or FF, and you hover over the element in the code view portion, it should show the padding/margins on it or if there's something pushing it down. Have you looked there?

Yes, I have looked there. There are no padding/margins/etc., just colors and alignment. I also tried unchecking these properties to see if it made a difference, to no avail??

Zip up your source code and post it here, then post the steps to recreate your issue and I'll check it out.

Zip up your source code and post it here, then post the steps to recreate your issue and I'll check it out.

Okay, so just keep clicking the first button until you get to the blue/red choice, and choose blue. Keep pressing after that until you get to the next choice, which is where my problem is.Problem.png

View attachment Lines of Story.zip

Also, what browser are you using to do this?

Last edited:
Okay, so just keep clicking the first button until you get to the blue/red choice, and choose blue. Keep pressing after that until you get to the next choice, which is where my problem is.View attachment 6807

View attachment 6806

Also, what browser are you using to do this?

Found what your issue is.

Make the "Do Not Correct" button wider. The text is wrapping around, making the button taller, which is then shifting it down as well. Make it about 110px wide instead of 60px...and it'll work. Either that, or make the text size smaller.

Using Chrome v39 currently.

Found what your issue is.

Make the "Do Not Correct" button wider. The text is wrapping around, making the button taller, which is then shifting it down as well. Make it about 110px wide instead of 60px...and it'll work. Either that, or make the text size smaller.

Using Chrome v39 currently.

Yes, that worked!!!

Just opened this in firefox, and found another problem :D.

When I get to the first choice, the first button does not go away, and it says that "bluefunction()" is not defined in the console. Neither of the blue/red buttons work.

Was getting those errors in Chrome's console as well but it continued on anyway. I didn't look into it much - assumed you just didn't define that function yet.

Have you defined it in your JS file?

Back
Top Bottom