which technology for mp3 player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy CPH

Beta member
Hi there, I'm managing/designing the produktion of a website that contains about 300 MP3's.(All legal) The main feature is a search function that allows the user to home in on a single mp3 file and then play it. The Admin is to be able to upload new songs without doing anything but to point to the file on his local PC and then fill out som name/track info.
My worrie is on which technology to deploy to achieve a successfull player feature. There's no money for real streaming (I asume dev/bandwidth cost for this sort of thing would be high?) so what are my options? If we just make an ordinary link to the file I believe all sorts of things can happen fx; auto started local players, requests to save file or open it, etc etc.. Also people on slow connections might not be able to enjoy the music as it probably won't start playing right away.
What should we do? it's a real lowbudget production.
The site will be developed in ASP/MS SQL
Hope someone can help out!

Because i am very newbie to programming, cause i'm 14 years old, i only know some javascript and dos code. Javascript could be very useful for indexing. But there is no option on uploading songs in A Graphical UI.

Anyway an indexing html code is :

Insert a word or phrase :
<form name="aform" action="" method="get">
<input type="text" name="firsttext">
<input type="button" name="GO" value="search" onclick="searchnow(this.form)">

</form>

<script>

function searchnow(form) {
window.location = "http://PREFERED URL" + aform.firsttext.value + ".htm"
}

</script>

I believe that you should consult an expert in php programming.

Mike from Greece, 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom