sql server possible on shared hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

subxuk

Baseband Member
Hi guys I have a techy question regarding hosting plans, I gather there is 3 main types:

Shared Hosting
Virtual Servers
Dedicated Server

If i wanted to run Sql Server on a shared hosting plan, like the cheap godaddy.com one for example, could I run SQL Server on its server? Or will I have to specifically connect to a given database?

Like for example in Visual Studio you can connect to your localhost and see the databases on your local server your PC is running, can shared hosting allow that kind of connection? Or will I just have to FTP it to a folder somewhere and connect to it manually?

Thanks!

Web Hosting - Hosting Plans for Every Budget at GoDaddy.com

click compare windows pricing.

they allow so many sql dbs per plan.

you will be hosted on a server with so many other accounts. you will only have access to the databases that you create. you will not have root access to the box. you will most likely control your account through a web interface like cpanel or plesk

VPS would give you root access but you are still on a shared server. they will allocate so much resources (HD, memory, bandwidth) for your account.

dedicated - you get your own server. hardware issues are supported by the company.

co location - your server goes in their racks. you support the server. they provide location and bandwidth. good for dr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom