Software Copyrighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKasler

Baseband Member
Hey all. I need some info on diffrent means of protecting my projects after release. Something along the lines of copyrighting.

I dont have any money to spend really, which is where I run into my problem as I'm sure you can see. The software I have coming up for relase deals with Small Pediatric Drs. Offices in NYC as the software is based on NYC Dept of Health standards.

Since most of them are small offices im not really worried so much about people stealing code or anything like that. I just need something to cover my but if 1 of them descides to "Share" it with another Dr. ETC.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

What I've heard is that all creative works are automatically copyrighted the instant they're created, but I don't know if that's true or not.

Hmm... guess it is true:
When is my work protected?
Your work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.
That's from www.copyright.gov, which should answer your questions. It also says that you need to register your copyright if you want to use it in a lawsuit.

Hope this helped. :)

You could also use a CD key to make sure they don't pass it around, however you will have to either make a system with that kind of protection, or buy some installer that supports it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom