.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok... so open the page where you want the banners in Notepad. Insert that line of code where you want the banners to show up. Click File, Save As and type "pagename.shtml" with the quotes. Then upload the .shtml file.

Do you need the quote marks. If im changing it from.html to .htm or wateva it works without them.

Some computers you don't. .html to .htm you defintely don't need them, but sometimes when you're changing to a less common extension it'll do page.shtml.txt if you don't put in the quotes.

Emily I need your help again!!

I created a page on Notepad and called it "webresources.html" with the quote marks. Its saved as Files of Type: All Files and Encoding: ANSI. I'm not sure if this is correct.

I then uploaded it to my control panel and now I want to add the "webresources.html" page as a link in another page, I'm doing something wrong because its not working. What is the path that I would type in to the page that I want it linking to?

I want it something like this:

<u>Site Resources</u> Click Here
</A>

Site Resources: Click Here!

I'm lost....................again......................

Did you upload webresources.html to the same directory as the file that you want the link in? If so, just type Click here.

If it's in a different directory, type <a href="directory/webresources.html"> (substituting "directory" for the name of the folder it's in).

What's the code that you have that isn't working?

Hi Emily

I uploaded the file to /public_html/themes/default/

I typed in on the page I want to link this "webresources.html" to:
Click here
I've even tried:
Click here

I can see the link but when I click on it I get the error message below.

HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom