Send info from database to email

Status
Not open for further replies.

techthis

Solid State Member
hi...this is my scenario...user fills out form and clicks next-->next page shows users information which is stored into a tempusers_tbl; if the user agrees with the info they click next-->the information is then emailed to the hr dept from the database....hope this helps...thanks for your time...

The best way I've found to do something like this is to put a time in your DB and search for the current minute that why without extreme unluck you get the last query back, however this method can be in-effective if the minute changes before the query is sent out.

i should have made myself more clear...im using access as my db and asp as scripting lang...info is stored in my temp table...from the temp table i have data going to a master table...that works fine...i also want the data to go to my email from the temp table...how is this possible...thanks for your time...

I see I know how you could do it PHP. :p Search for someone sort of e-mail function in ASP or the langauge your using for ASP.

Well you would query for the information, and then put the correct varibles in to send it. Let me see if I can find a good example.

Here this was written by Emily so that you could send from different e-mails using just a drop down box.

For I must apologize that was just the form it didn't have the actually PHP send fuctions in it. whoops!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom