Script to resize photos dropped in a folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kizzeith

In Runtime
At an old job, we had a folder that ran a script that would crunch down photos that were dropped in and output three versions: 150 px, 300 px, and 500 px...72 DPI. We called it the "Prep for Web" folder.

It was completely automated.

How could I do something like that? A premade script would be ideal, but any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks...

Yeah you need GD library which most Hosts have installed to do this with PHP, if your talking about on your home PC, with normal windows folders, i think you need to actually install PHP on your pc.

If you're talking windows based you'll need some software, as for as i know this can't be done with any programming through the windows gui.

If you're talking hosting it can very much be done with php / javascript

~ Tkey

as for as i know this can't be done with any programming through the windows gui.
Actually it can. The simplest way would be to use the FileSystemWatcher in a .Net app or windows service.

Any links on this jaeusm ?

You've got me interested ;)

Cheers,

~ Tkey

If you're talking windows based you'll need some software, as for as i know this can't be done with any programming through the windows gui.

What?

Surely C/C++ or Java could do this. Or Perl/Python.

By windows GUI i ment the folder options available. Coding in a language such as C may make this possiable, but as for changing a few options it isnt.

Sorry, it was my bad ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom