require web site in Regional language

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankur

Beta member
Can any body tell me how to make the site in regional language.. like google do have regional touch or http://www.bbc.co.uk/hindi/

If u know the technology then please tell me... my father is poet i want to dedicate this site to him.
Thanks in advance

you just have to have the language installed on your computer fi you have XP go into the lang. settings also in the HTML code for the page you need to write a tag to tell the browser that the text is in another language

I have been able to type in japanese with XP ^_^

Thanks T1junkie for reply.. but dear thats not my problem i can get the typed in my preferenced langauge. And if i have that font installed in my system i view or modify that.. But my issue is something else.. i want a site in regional language (Hindi) and dont want to give the site visitior the prompt to download the font. ...
So here its not issue on my machine.. issue is technology that how site vistor wont get any prompt.. just without having hindi font on his system,he/she can view my site in regional(hidi) language.
Infact if u have any thing in ur mind u can contact me at ankur_0708@yahoo.com.. i am online here for whole day.

Thanks
expecting some positive result..

If you don't want your visitors to have to dowload the font then you may have to use a porgram like Fireworks, and save all your text in that language as a picture.

Thats the last and not reasonable option.. because if we make complete site then u can understand thats of no use.. for the purpose of search engines. As well as we have to make the optimised images and then slicing. According to me thats not a wise options. dear....
If u have seen http://www.bbc.co.uk/hindi/ here complete site is in hindi not the images. so i am asking for such type of technology.
I Suppose i am demanding a lot bt actually thats wt i am looking for.

Have you tried looking in the source code of that page to see what's going on there, or running a Google search?

That's called font embedding .. Follow this .. N' u'll learn all about it ..

By the way .. that's a very nice thing to do ankur .. Dedicating a site to ur Dad :)

Thanks Preet2u.. for providing me the help right now its 2:30 of night. I am putting the software on download. and reading the instruction from microsoft site... Seems to interesting..
As soon as i will come up with something live on net will send the url..
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom