Pulling my hair out over this program(GH2 Synth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazy_taco

In Runtime
First of all, check out YouTube - Make Music with Guitar Hero Controller

I'm trying to figure out this program, but I only have a minor knowledge of java (I can build basic algorithm programs and such). This guy did it in C#, which I am currently attempting, but I cannot even make a hello world. Does anyone have an alternative to coding my own program, or would like to work on this with me?

C# syntax is nearly the same as Java. However, the code to accomplish what is shown in the video seems relatively simple, so you may be able to use J#, which is essentially Java for .NET.

Although I'm in very basic levels of learning Java, I know nothing on interactions of keys and sounds. I only know inputs and variables and that kind of thing (I'm learning from an old guy in my high school -.-'). How would I have certain keypresses play and loop certain sounds?

I was actually thinking of doing this in Flash. Do you think this is feasible?

How would I have certain keypresses play and loop certain sounds?
Capture the keyboard input to determine which key(s) was pressed. Based on the key, play a sound.

I was actually thinking of doing this in Flash. Do you think this is feasible?
If you want to use the method from the video (Microsoft's DirectSound) then you'll have to determine if flash can use that technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom