Protecting Images Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
look, the major u can make a <div> on the document with a transparent gif and then using css u can use a background for that <div> with the real image. that disables copy paste but not the Print screen. i just thought i could use the flash as the background and use actionscript to disable printscreen (when the user presses that key the flash switches to a black frame). but i dont know if its possible...

And... of course its impossible to prevent anyone from stealing images. but at least it would make it harder to do so. and i think flash as a no cache feature (someone told me)

Toni.pt said:
look, the major u can make a <div> on the document with a transparent gif and then using css u can use a background for that <div> with the real image. that disables copy paste but not the Print screen. i just thought i could use the flash as the background and use actionscript to disable printscreen (when the user presses that key the flash switches to a black frame). but i dont know if its possible...

And... of course its impossible to prevent anyone from stealing images. but at least it would make it harder to do so. and i think flash as a no cache feature (someone told me)

i think i heard from flash nocache as well

about the < div> css, its still possible to select "save background as" (i think)

and I doubt the flash will turn black fast enuff!?!?

TheMajor said:
i think i heard from flash nocache as well

about the < div> css, its still possible to select "save background as" (i think)

and I doubt the flash will turn black fast enuff!?!?

probably not.

what about javascript??

Toni.pt said:
probably not.

what about javascript??

i don't think there is a secure javascript to protect it from beeing saved....ofcourse theres the famous "no right-click" script, but i am sure there are enuff people at yer highschool who know how to save them anyway

no, i don't think there's such script....
even if there's something that makes the pic turn black, i don't think anything will be fast enuff unless it disables the entire printscreen button

maybe u can disable the button with a java applet...not sure

i dont know if this can be done... but can i make a javascript so that it sends content to the clipboard each second?? that way, if someone presses printscreen they wont be able to paste it...

that would be a cool script, don't know if there is any, im do not know javascript very well. You have to ask at a javascript forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom