programming query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmy69

Solid State Member
Hey i was just wondering i was reading a few threads below and most of them are relating to the multiple programming languages that are available and in use..
this may be a noobie/rookie question but what do you exactly program this in.. do you use a program like visual basic (which i seen mentioned in a previous post) or something like python.. any help here would clear this up..

okay in the above passage i was trying to refer to the actual barebone software before you start programming initially.. suppose its like the game maker program is to the end result...
if that doesnt make any sense ill try my best to explain it in a bit fuller detail.

Most languages can be written with nothing but a text editor and a compiler.
Other languages require an interpreter instead of a compiler, others require a compiler and a VM.

Most often, it is desirable to use an IDE, which will include most of the tools required for high quality software development.

ohh i was only clearing up a few questions i had.. ive only recently started university and im doing a subject on programming and introduction sort of class.. we are going to be using python and i was only seeing if we needed a piece of existing software or if we could start with something a little more modest...
do you know of any good python tutorials for beginners i could use for study purposes?

hmm i wouldnt be keen on book to be honest.. maybe just an online tutorial or getting my hands dirty would be helpful.. due to the uni course im doing we are programming in python for this semester so i am starting to grasp the basics but when it comes time to transfer into other languages (C+ and C++) thats where the tutorials might come in handy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom