Problem with running c++

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildRose

Solid State Member
Hello everyone!

I have a lil' problem with running c++, as in it eats up all my CPU. Why? My OS is Windows XP, btw.

I used it on windows 98 and it worked just fine, so what can be wrong?

Thanks in advance! :)

Post the code you're using...there is absolutly no way for us to tell without seeing the code ;)
For all we know you could be in an endless loop or something :p

Ahem Iron_Cross the problem isn't with a running a code in c++, the problem is with running c++ :) . When i launch it, it "eats up" all of my CPU. And, god, i hate endless loops. :p

You never know, it could be the code you're running, considering the fact that the code is using CPU resources. Also considering that when you "run C++" you're just running the code.
But if you're absolutly 100% without-a-doubt certain that it's not the code, what IDE are you using...if any?

I think what WildRose means is that when he starts the environment, before running any compiled code, it eats up the resources. Yup please do post what IDE u are using.

:) Thank you guys, i should've thought about that. Well, here are my system specs :)
A dumb old computer, btw, but it's good for now, it's a Dell, 1 ghz intel pentium processor, 256 mb ram, 20 gb hdd. There ya go.

Someone told me that there's some special setting you have to change in xp, but i'm clueless.

Suggestions?

We dont quite understand what you mean by running c++. C++ is a programming language and so you cannot run it as such, you can run applications written in C++ but it seems this is not what you mean. Or do you mean, as Chankama interpreted it, your IDE (program for writin C++ code) is eating all of your CPU, if so what IDE are you using?

My bad! As Chankama said, the problem is with the IDE, as you call it :D which is Borland C++ for DOS (anything else to it i dunno about?).

P.S. I'm a she, not a he Chankama :)

I would hope you're a she :p WildRose is not really a masculine name, haha.

So how do you know it's eating up your memory, how much is it taking up? Because if you told us your specs right, then your computer should have no problem at all running that IDE....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom