Pong program w/ C++?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CER3AL K3Y

Solid State Member
Hey I am in a class where I'm learning C++, and I need to do a final project at the end using the stuff I learned (just console-like stuff) and I was wondering how hard it would be to make a pong program... If it's pretty easy, what would I need to do? just in general.

Umm...pretty difficult. Well on second thought, you could do, it would just look like crap though :p
Unless you're learning something like DirectX or GDI I would stay away from games like that. You could do something like a web browser though, or something of the sort. Or perhaps a text based game.

If you want to make a game i would recommend starting off easy like maybe a matching game where you have to match two ansi characters or a text based adventure game or something like that.

hey i am also attempting to write a pong program using c++. I know my way around c++ fairly well but I am having a difficult time incoporating all of the aspect of a pong game into a c++ compiler. I am not using directx or opengl, i really have no idea what those are. so i would greatly appreciate it if someone could offer a little help. Thanks

Me and a partner are doing Galaga in C++. We have 6 weeks and the aid of the teacher, wish me luck!

does directx use a certain language? or does it have one of its own?
c++ preferably

mmm.. well, if you have ever played any games on windows.. you'll notice on the box where the requirement should be appearing a odd name called Directx X.X(sub x with numbers).. that's what windows 3d graphical API is located at.. you gotta learn how to write code to generate great looking graphics.. which i still hasn't mastered as i suck pretty badly at arts and i have switched to linux :D then when you flip open unreal torunament you'll see that it also supports OpenGL (Open Graphics Library), an open source API for 3d graphics..

as what language you can use with them? well, anything that's nice enough to have a 3d binding for you :D c++ most likely has them.. :D

mmm.. one advice, try google before you ask "What is [fill in the blank]" :D

Make a connect four game. That's what I did for my Java class. It wasn't that bad, quite amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom