PHP vs HTML

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
What is the difference between Php and HTML? Can you code an entire page out of PHP. I want to know this because I have used HTML for most of my pages, I want to see what PHP offers. Are there any programs that can help me code php, tutorials etc?

from www.php.net

PHP is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for Web development and can be embedded into HTML.

PHP is not a replacement for html..

Yup... like he said, PHP is pretty useless without HTML. You can think of HTML as the GUI for PHP. PHP does things like handle forms, interact with databases, etc. - it's a programming language, whereas HTML is just a mark-up language that throws together visual elements. For example, HTML allows to put the form elements on the page, change the background color, insert images, etc. but PHP takes the information inserted into the form and does something with it like send an email or put it in a database.

There's a plethora of PHP resources compiled in this thread. (Speaking of which, this thread belongs in web development... I'll move it...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom