php and mySQL !!!! help !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan16

In Runtime
Hi:

I'm totally new at this..But I want to learn PHP and MySQL.....I read on the internet that you need to have a web server like apache...but the thing is.....my computer's ip address is private...10.X.X.X so I cannot use a web server so others can see the page....I just need to learn how to install php and mysql and pratice locally creating the databases and everything that can be created using this but LOCALLY....is this possible....????

I downloaded.... mysql-5.0.18-win32

php-5.1.2-Win32

If it , can you guide to a good tutorial on how to install this applications step by step !!!

Thanks SOOOOOO much !!!!

I think you can still use your computer as a web server even though you are, what seems to be, behind a router. I remember I had to set the router so that it would forward traffic to my computers local IP address (10.x.x.x). I will try and find out what I did.

You can perfectly use PHP and MySQL on a single PC for practicing. I would advise you to download a packet of applications that would install web server, php and mysql altogether. That is much easier than installing all of thos separately. Look fo Web - server on download.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom