PHP installation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyDevil07

Baseband Member
I've been trying to install PHP for about a week now and have tried everything, read every manual, taken every tip, and now i'm about to lose it. I'm running IIS 6.0 on Windows XP x64, and trying to install PHP 5. I've downloaded the zip file from the web page and followed the install manual exactly as shown for IIS 4 and greater. I have uninstalled and installed IIS many times because it will just stop working sometimes after I try to further install PHP. I will describe some of the problems that have arisen.

1) At this point I've already modified my php.ini file as the installation file had suggested. I've been able to load HTML files on my browser so I know IIS works, but when I try to load one of my PHP files a download window pops up asking if I want to open it (using dreamweaver, which is what I use to develop), or save it. I was wondering why this is happening and if I could do anything to just make the page load as it should.

2) I'm at the same point as in problem 1, but I've moved my php.ini file into the windows directory (for some reason putting the PHP directory it into the windows path wasn't enough). Now I get a 404 not found error on my timetest.php file.

3) After both of these problems have occured I've gone into my IIS manager and added php extensions to the ISAPA, web services, and in Home directory configuation. After I've done this though IIS stops working altogether, and won't even load my sample HTML files that I have.

If anyone can use this information to tell me what I need to do to get PHP to run on my computer I'd appreciate it soooooo much. Normally I can work through these things but I just want to give up now. I can send a copy of my php.ini file or anything anyone needs to understand what's going on here. Or if anyone knows of another site that may help me, or other message boards I'll take any help I can get. I'm not sure if this is because I'm running Windows XP x64 and maybe none of the instructions work for me. I'm just looking for closure on this thing, haha, and I'm sure you can understand if you've come to problems like this. So thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

p.s. if you would like to look at my php.ini file it is located in this same message under the windows O/S forum.

why you don't use apache instead IIS ; are software like phptriad wich instal php and mysql ;and then set in Dreamweaver the site server file to htdocs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom