Php help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike HTML, PHP needs a webserver to run its interpreter.

Download a WAMP (preconfigured package containing Apache MySQL and PHP for Windows) such as AppServ or XAMPP or such.

Once you have a webserver installed, make sure Apache is running, put your .php files in the correct folder (for AppServ it is C:\AppServ\www by default) and then go to http://localhost/yourphpfile.php in your browser).
i got wamp to run and i can now run my page locally.U've saved me and my friends the trouble of uploading to our sites to test our php pages and i'am grateful.

I'll try to learn as much as possible so that someday i'll understand you all members's gists (u know i'am lost in your discussions)

I'll try to learn as much as possible so that someday i'll understand you all members's gists (u know i'am lost in your discussions)

We're basically saying that pre-configured packages such as AppServ and XAMPP are only to be used for development and not for use as for an actual website. There are a lot of options to configure for Apache and for PHP. Most of the WAMP packages have settings on/configured for ease of use and not for security. Therefore, it is bad to use for a real website (but fine for a development tool).

The other route to installing Apache and PHP is to configure it yourself. You have to download everything separately and change a bunch of settings to make it all work with eachother. The advantage is that you can install custom plugins more easily, set it up for specific tasks/security needs, etc. It is a bit more complicated though, and sort of unnecessary for development (unless you just want to learn how to do it, or are bored like me :p).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom