PHP and Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexluethar

Fully Optimized
I currently have a contact form embedded within my flash website. I've done this before where the flash form will contact a php file and send the corresponding information to an email address (assuming the server supports it). I've only done this once before so I don't have a whole lot of experience with PHP.

For some reason when I run the website through flash the contact form works (i've tried this on my local machine and when i don't put any of the information in i get my error message), but when i run the website through html the code doesn't work. What the heck am i missing? The code is right because it works through flash (when i publish through flash and preview), but when doing it in HTML locally it doesn't work (no error messages or anything), and when loading it onto my website it doesn't work either. THe form is there, just nothing happens when you press the submit button.

Can anyone shed some light on this one for me?

Thanks

Okay, so after digging around a bit i've come to the conclusion PHP doesn't work on a godaddy account.

Now i'm trying to 'transform' my PHP information into ASP - but i'm not all that familiar with ASP. I believe i can keep the same text fields and button on my flash file, but i'm sure the code behind it will have to change to transfer and call the ASP file.

Could anyone point me in the right direction at least?

Yes, PHP does work on a Godaddy account. Trust me, I had a Godaddy account for several months with tons of PHP scripts.

Why not post your code, that will help.

Well god i hope your right :) I just couldn't get it to work on their server, searched around for some helpful postings and found a few people saying PHP didn't work on the godaddy server. And they offer a mail file on the server (in my root folder) and it is ASP.

If you feel it is just a coding issue, then i will revert back to trying to get my PHP to work.

To start off, my Flash document and coding works when I run it solely in flash (through publish preview). But when I run it in HTML it doesn't work. Meaning that if i don't fill in anything i get a flash message posting my error ("please enter an email address"). So it is reading the code correctly, then after all of my text and variables are correct i get my error message of ("cannot contact PHP file"). So there again i know the code is working all the way to the PHP file. But in HTML and on the server the buttons won't even work...

I'll post the code this evening.

Okay, the problem is you have Windows hosting and not Linux hosting. Godaddy is stupid to only have PHP available for Linux, but I guess that's another reason I switched to Host Gator.

PHP is not supported on Godaddy Windows hosting.

Well there you go. Glad i wasn't crazy and waisted another evening trying to work on it.

What pointers could you give me to converting my code from PHP to ASP? I know the variables in Flash will be the same, but i have to call the ASP file differently - do you know how i do that? I know the ASP file will be different too...

I don't know anything about ASP.

Unless you really care about ASP, I would have your account switched to Linux. They should be able to do it free of charge, I had a friend that did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom