password protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

debragrant

Baseband Member
think this is the right form now.

right I have a website where I have a members sections protected via a username and password.

I want to include a music file for people to be able to listen to. I want it so that they can't actually save the file, like they can only save the location or better still not even that.

Currently I have password protection set up which came with my host. I set one password and username for everyone. I use dreamweaver/frontpage to design my websites is there anyway I can set it up so each member has their own username & password?

if the server is apache you can use htpasswds. It is a case of creating a htaccess file on the server with the path to the htpasswd file in it. Then just create the htpasswd file.

Conveniently for you i just did a security module and had to write a website on computer security which can be found here: http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~jjf103/info3005 and into detail about this.

Any problems let me know.

well I have - .htaccess & htpasswd on my main domian so my server is apache. I will have a look at your site, though I'm not very good with this stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom