Page loading time too high !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnCurry

Beta member
Hi buddies

I have developed one site for my client

http://www.direct2deal.com

THis site takes too much time for loading. Pl. give me suggestions regarding this matter. Site is developed in PHP/MYSQL

Your feedback will be appreciated !!!

There are at least 70 images on one page and 10135 lines of HTML code for my browser to render.

split it up into more pages, simple as that.

--

On a more technical note you could control your layout more with your CSS. At the moment it seems to just contain font styles If you think about it your CSS only needs to be downloaded once, all of the presentational markup (which makes up most of the site) has to be downloaded for each page visited.

optimise your images... yes the arent that big in file size, but they can be smaller and it all adds up... reduce the quality of them in fireworks or photoshop, because at the size they are at you wont notice much difference if properly optimised.

I also agree that you have way too much on one page, seperate them into seperate categories and use an include statment if you want to keep the index page as the parent.

yes... your page is WAY TO LONG and has WAY to many imags that are TOO big in size for what they mean/represent.

WHOA... I just looked in google...
your page is 513k!!!!

that is HUGE!!! 1/2 meg download... that means on dial up, a person would wait 3-4-5 minutes...

Here are some tips to optimize your site...

Replace chunks of html styling with CSS. Every time you are telling the browser to display one of your repeated tables wwith information, is is outputinng the same large chunk of HTML again and again. If you use CSS, it will refer to that style, and therefore it will reduce the html output size.

Next, the design of displaying information is not pratical. Show smaller pictures, and make them compressed. Show basic information, such as the price and then have all the other information on a separate page called "more information".

Instead of placing a large amount of products on one page, just show say 15, then make it clear to the user that there are more pages to search. Tour page shouldn't scroll more than 3 times down if youa re trying to sell things, because people will get board and will not be bothered to read the lot. You need to categorize your products. Whats an ipod doing in the same category as a mouse, camera and computer?

Use G-zip compression. In PHP you can set an output bufferer which compresses all of the HTML is the browser supports it, thus making the output quicker to load.

You should have several small pages, as oppoed to one big one otherwise people will get board.

I hope that helped, best of luck.

For the record, you do have lots of images. What I suggest you do is first plan out your website. Like with Java, programmers use a technique called "Top-down programming" which means that you first create an overview of your project then afterwards, expand on it. I think the wisest solution would be to break up the pages into smaller ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom