Oracle Database Express Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldskool

Oldie but a goodie
Hi all,

I am using Oracle Database Express in school, and am having an error with loading the script or something like that. Not sure. I can view the script and run it, but I get errors. I would give more information but I'm new with SQL so if anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated. :D

Oraclescreenshot.jpg

Have you already run this script once? The error indicates that the tables already exist.

Yes actually I have ran it several times. However, I deleted the script, recreated it, and then tried again to load it. So these objects already existing is strange to me. In other words, if I deleted the original SQL file, recreated it, and pasted my script in, ran it, then it appears all ok.

Until I look closer and see the errors that you see, kmote. Arrrggh, I'm sure it's simple as this is beginning SQL. The commands are really simple at this point, but this script is just acting weird. Probably the "meatwhere", huh ? :tongue:

Oh and thanks for replying, mate. ;)

UPDATE: I figured it out, kmote. I used a drop script, thereby deleting everything that way. Then I recreated and ran the script and it worked fine. Thanks for your input as it reassured me that I probably had just added data that was already there. That was enough for me to try this approach. Appreciated, kmote !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom