Online Booking System w/ .Res

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirjjoe

Beta member
Hi all,

I'm starting an online booking system, allowing clients to book flights, car rentals and hotels through a travel agency website. The system is gonna use Sabre .RES with the ability to incorporate offline deals (the ones outside the GDS) the travel agency may have.

I'm considering using PHP and mySQL for the offline deals (still not sure about it) and I also don't know how to have access to Sabre (do you?). Does anyone know how to implement a site like this (particularly when working with Sabre .RES)? Additionally, where can I find some info (books, tutorials, sample code, ...) about the subject? I'm just getting started here, so no information is too basic.

Thanks a lot,

Sirjjoe

Um. If you wanna use PHP, you're gonna need to learn it. I just uploaded my PHP tutorial (basic) to my site, but as this site will filter the URL due to the explicit content (ahem) you'll have to find it somewhere else. Go to computer-tutorials.org then the "submit tutorials" forum and it's near the top.

I am working on my PHP/mySQL tutorial... should be done in a day or so, if you can wait? :p

Thanks Terencentanio, I got your tutorial.

Would you also happen to know where I could find more info on building websites for travel agencies?

Hey Terencentanio

Sorry for the delay answering your question.

I've gathered some info (nothing specific for travel agencies, but for e-commerce in general), but it may help me. Anyway, I think I can apply what I found and build a prototype for the website.

What concern me at this point are the specifics associated with building a website for the travel business and because of that, it would be very nice to receive some inputs on logic and programming for the area. Things like sample tables and code would be great.

Thnx again

Yo.

Ahh.. been offline for 2-3 days. REALLY behind with things, and stuff has come up that wasn't expected. If you want, we can discuss further via email? My head is a bit dead at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom