Not sure were I'm goeing with this but thought I would post.

Can you Inbox me Luke the Script please, and explaine what it is you have written and how the Code is exicuted. Would you be able to explaine how the SET Command works in basic way with the Syntaxes. I think they are what gives the command Power to be honest when it comes to how versitile they the acutall Command it self is and powerfull.

Edit. Thanks.:D

I'll PM you when I get home. I'm at school so I am busy. PS The script is a modified version of a script on the net. Just type into google: Lock a folder using a batch script

That should get you the original script however I have modified it to include the -i and +i commands which mean Index Properties. If you -i you disable Indexing etc. NOTE: The Icommand only works in Windows Vista and 7. Then script will not work in XP if you have the I property.

No problem I can wait for you to get Home from School. Its like 02.04AM here in the UK. :lol .... I'll have to do some more delveing in to writeing Batch Scripts under Win 7. Mabie someone could Post a Tutorial even of just what the Language is capable of and not nesseseraly the full list of Syntaxes\Commands ect. I will take it that you can do anything really with the language but its just a Case of what you want to do. tbh I dont know what it is I would want to do. Other than write a file for the system boot up.

No problem I can wait for you to get Home from School. Its like 02.04AM here in the UK. :lol .... I'll have to do some more delveing in to writeing Batch Scripts under Win 7. Mabie someone could Post a Tutorial even of just what the Language is capable of and not nesseseraly the full list of Syntaxes\Commands ect. I will take it that you can do anything really with the language but its just a Case of what you want to do. tbh I dont know what it is I would want to do. Other than write a file for the system boot up.
I gave you a link that has all of the DOS commands that can be used in batch files: MS-DOS help and commands
And I also gave the link that has keywords for batch files: Batch File Help

I'll PM you when I get home. I'm at school so I am busy. PS The script is a modified version of a script on the net. Just type into google: Lock a folder using a batch script

That should get you the original script however I have modified it to include the -i and +i commands which mean Index Properties. If you -i you disable Indexing etc. NOTE: The Icommand only works in Windows Vista and 7. Then script will not work in XP if you have the I property.
I posted the script in this thread: http://www.techist.com/forums/f11/batch-file-denies-access-folder-258453/

I'm trying to figure out how to incorparate some code in to a batch file that will require user input as such as the f@h console client were as you have to enter your name, user ID, and team number ect. I'm not even sure if this is possible with out haveing it comunicate via the internet with say a server or another PC. If I take for example what I seid about createing a batch file for all the tings I do when booting the system, its a complex task because you can have the .bat execute commands at timed intervals and I'm not sure how to wite that as I dont know it.

I'm not even sure the difference between the SET command and the ECHO. command. As from what I can tell they both do the same function with out the Syntaxes. Think thats rite. I tried to back up a file useing the bat file and would it heck recodnize the command, had to use COPY instead.

One of the first results from Google to get user input: Making a .bat file to get input

SET is used to store information into a variable.
ECHO is used to output information (either a command or the contents of a variable) to the screen.

At the Minute Luke and Carnage I'm working on a Script, and will Inbox you in a few Days. Gonna push the Boundrys. Thanks for the Links. Let you know what I come up with, since I've never programed before. Must say I'm interested in the Call command as I can link multiple .BAT files. I'll Inbox you and see what I can come up with. :D

At the Minute Luke and Carnage I'm working on a Script, and will Inbox you in a few Days. Gonna push the Boundrys. Thanks for the Links. Let you know what I come up with, since I've never programed before. Must say I'm interested in the Call command as I can link multiple .BAT files. I'll Inbox you and see what I can come up with. :D

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom