NEWB Question.. maybe not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
In MS Excel (already sound like a newb, huh? :) ) does anyone know how to execute a if or iif statement? I have.. say cell f2 and f3 with text in one and not in the other. If i want to do an equation with an iif... how would i do that. i want to say, if f2 is not a number then show f3 as text. something like that, so would i do in the equation textbox type in "= iif(!f2,f3) or something... it doesn't work.. can some of you professionals tell me what i'm doing wrong? thanks

oh we did those last year in IT. Put this into the equation bar and change the values:

=if(logical_test, value_if_true, value_if_false)

eg. =if(f2=3, true, false)

Therefore if cell F2 was equal to 3 then show True otherwise show False. Thats just a basic one but you muck around with it and make it ask more than one question and stuff.
If you need a bit more help just ask and i'll try to remember what we did in IT.
Good Luck

Oh, nice man.. thanks for your help willsko87 :)
by the way... i was lookin at ur computer specs, and i had a little question, my computer has pc100 128 sdram and a pc100 64 sdram... i was thinking about buying a pc133 256sdram for the second slot.. will it work? i don't know how specific the PC133 stuff has to be.. i think i'll post it on the main question page... but if u can answer it here that's cool too. thanks for your help with that excel problem. ;)

now worries mate, any time!
before you post that RAM thread and any others that you do try searching Tech Forums for similar threads. A quick search found this:
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=28285&highlight=pc133+pc100

EDIT: To late u've already posted it but next time try and search. H4x3r posted this thread http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=38752 which explains why threads dont get answered, because the person hasnt searched and are posting a question that has already been answered heaps of times.

ahh.. man.. you're da man! lol.. thanks a bunch. sorry as soon as i wrote that response, i went and put up the new thread.. lol.. thanks for your help! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom