Need some tech feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfichie

Beta member
Hello everyone i am new here but already feel at home... I am a tech writer for an un-named large publication... I am doing a write up on this new "YouTube like" site... It's called 1dawg.com . I am seeking techie feedback on how this site will matchup. A breif description from my point of view, is that it has similar features to the rest of the cookie-cutters, however YOU CAN ACTUALLY DOWNLOAD THE MOVIE IN A MULTITUDE OF FORMATS...During every upload, the video converts live to ipod, cellphone, and DIVX 5.0, as well as streams the standard flv and also offers mp3 downloads of the audio tracks. I was fairly impressed. Is this the first one to think outside of the box?

Are you really a tech writer, or are you one of the creators of this website who wants us all to tell you how awesome your website is? Sounds kind of like an ad to me.

No, it's not the first to let you download movies...maybe in so many formats, but...I've never found a website that I couldn't "tweak" the code myself to allow downloading of the video, but then again, I haven't found any worthwhile lately (see below).

The biggest problem I have with these websites is their lack of quality - granted, they're going for speed, but some videos would just be "that much better" with a decent quality - which keeps me away (in general) from those types of websites. :) They should offer both - speed by default, quality optional - no need to consider bandwidth. Implement that and I'll be happy!

Thank you

I will post a link of the write up after it is done. And no I am not an owner lol. Thank you for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom