Need help! building box with modules for phd project

Status
Not open for further replies.

pippen

Beta member
Hello everyone, i have to start with the fact that i am not a programmer, but i need help anyway :confused:
Im doing a phd in neuroscience and need to build a box with modules and a controllable touchscreen.
My aim here is not to learn how to program these things, but what would be required of the person that need to do so. The plan is to hire a master student with some specific kind of experience. Thats what i need the help here for.

So the modules are TTL-signal (or 28V-signal) based, the touchscreen is a standard touchscreen, and the program controlling these needs to: -display the images on the touchscreen
-(potentially "morph" the images (i.e. a square gradually becoming a circle)
- record the amount of time passed before on of the images gets pressed, and record which one is pressed. This way presenting a series of images and registering the responses.
- initiate the modules when image gets pressed
- display a new morphable image right away
- order, type of image, and number of items need to be modifiable
( ideally the registered information needs to be compared with a matlab based code later.. but this is not entirely necessary)
Ive been fiddling with this for ages and all my IT friends say its out of their field. We mostly use matlab, and have some expertise with that, but apparently this could not control and register this amount of information. I hope someone can give me some pointers on what kind of program i need, (or programming language). The most important thing is that it is fast, as easy as possible and modifiable. What kind of specific experience would you think would be needed of the IT master student to create this? And how long do you think it would take?

I am super-grateful for any kind of response! I am tired of running into brick walls on something that seems relatively straight forward.
Please help me,
its all in the name of science! :big_smile:

I

i would think you need a person knowledgable in computer engineering. mainly for the fact that you're building a solution that involves both hardware and software. you need someone good with rendering graphics ... that morph **zoiks**.

rough estimate, one month to complete. depends on ability and availability though.

i would think you need a person knowledgable in computer engineering. mainly for the fact that you're building a solution that involves both hardware and software. you need someone good with rendering graphics ... that morph **zoiks**.

rough estimate, one month to complete. depends on ability and availability though.

Ok, sweet thanks!
If the morphing is a lot of hassle, an alternative is just to present a larger number of preproduced images, hopefully that would speed things up.
So computer engineering and graphics then.
Ill get to it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom