Need to export a list of usernames from AD

1etherer

Fully Optimized
Not sure where to post this.

I have a list of users full names and there email addresses on a excel sheet and I need to export the active directory usernames of these users.

Is there a script I can create that will look in AD for the full name or email addresses in the excel sheet and then export the usernames to another excel sheet or text file.

I've looked all over the net but cant figure out how to do this.

I have 51 users.

Cheers

I'm not a pro with AD by any means, but a script? It seems that, unless there is already one out there, writing a script to do that would take just as long as entering those 51 names manually. You probably could've already finished in the time you've taken to research, then ask, and get a response.

I'm not a pro with AD by any means, but a script? It seems that, unless there is already one out there, writing a script to do that would take just as long as entering those 51 names manually. You probably could've already finished in the time you've taken to research, then ask, and get a response.

Sorry! thats what I meant, was a script template so I can edit with my info and run it.

We will be getting alot of these requests now so a script will be handy.

I found a guide and have got the results needed.

PowerShell: Find AD User by Full Name | 9to5IT

All you need to change is path to list of data , attributes you want to extract and path to save results to.

Carnage - Your "Query" helped me think to query "powershell get ad account by full name"

lol I have to kick myself sometimes lol

Cheers!! Carnage!!

Back
Top Bottom