My PHP Video Tutorials

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
I want to help spruce this section up a bit, get some good information flowing about. So, I've decided to start making some tutorials. I figured I'd start with some basic PHP scripts, and maybe do some XHTML/CSS at some point too.

My first one is a basic login/register system using PHP and MySQL.

Part 1 - YouTube - PHP Simple Login System Tutorial 1
Part 2 - YouTube - PHP Simple Login System Tutorial 2

I dunno how this will pan out, but we'll see how it goes. Criticism welcome. If you have any requests for a specific script tutorial, post away.

Enjoy.

Awesome.

At 3:20 though, do you need to have the @? Because it wont show your password, usually just says 'yes' or something.

Awesome.

At 3:20 though, do you need to have the @? Because it wont show your password, usually just says 'yes' or something.

Yes.

If you don't use the @, and your MySQL credentials are invalid, it will look like this:

Code:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'test'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\WEB\public_html\test.php on line 8

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\WEB\public_html\test.php on line 9

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\WEB\public_html\test.php on line 9

If you do it the way I did it in the video, it will look like this:

Code:
could not connect to database!

Have you ever been told that you have a majestic voice that could probably seduce Jessica Alba with ease?

**** you type fast... I mean I think that I type pretty fast, but I can't do special characters for ****... which means I can't code fast.

Good tutorial, though... I need to read up before I try it cuz I didn't understand a lot of that.

If by special characters you mean brackets and stuff, then yeah, you get used to it after a while.

Which parts didn't you understand?

Back
Top Bottom