Moving File Extensions from one location to another?(.bat file assistance)

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I am using Google Chrome
Its sets the download to only one location that you setup in the downloads
I want to take certain files out of the downloads folder
Move it to My Pictures

Then I have some .exe files that I want to move to another computer folder in the network

Is it possible to do this?

My computer is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.
My computer on the network is Windows XP Professional 32-bit.

Re: Moving File Extensions from one location to another?

i meant the automated way to do this

There is no automated way to do this. Either you select the location you want the file in when you download, or move them after you download. No browser has the functionality to use multiple locations to save downloads to automatically and be able to select them with just a click of the mouse.

ok not to defy you guys or anything.

What about a periodic batch file that transfers a certain filetype from one location to another?

Was wondering if someone could help me build this?

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/windows-7-thread-faq-172024/index32.html#post1729864

Get the 2 Registry Entries from here. This is the Copy to and Move to Right click entries. Just select the group of files you want moved, right click and move them to where you want. Really simple to do. If you really want a Batch File made up, i will move this to the programming area for you.

While it does make it a bit easier than opening the folder, copying the files then reopening the destination folder automated batch would be alot easier as it requires no effort at all.

So thanks, I will be implementing that registry right click entry. And yes, that will be also fine if you could move this to the programming for the .bat file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom