MDI Child question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hygor

Daemon Poster
right, at long last, I have finished my program for my dissertation... Though there is one thing annoying me, It is not a necessary fix, but the if i can do something about it then I will be dead chuffed!

My program teaches music theory to beginners and has lessons, a hangman game and a series of randomised multiple choice quizs!

On child form I am getting a bar where a menu could be (you know file, edit, view, etc), I was going to have one, but decided I wanted users to navigate through my buttons instead! I have therefore not included a menu on the program but the bar is there on every child form and i am wondering if i can hide/remove it... I have disabled the controls on the bar as the program runs in a fixed window, so i have no use for it!

HangmanQ.gif

The screenshot above shows the program with one of my child forms open... as you can see the menubar type thing is annoyingly there taunting me! If anyone knows how to be rid of it or has any ideas, i would be most grateful!

Many thanks

Hygor

I'm not quite sure that I get what you're talking about, but try setting the form's BorderStyle to 0.

Cheers for the fast response... I have tried what you said on one of the child forms and it did not get rid of that bar!

I have taken another screen shot and put an arrow to the bit I am hoping to be able to remove and circled it in yellow!
mainQ.gif

Thanks again for the quick response! :)

That's weird... Changing BorderStyle to 0 should get rid of it... Do you have any unusual settings on the forms or anything? :confused:

i dont think so! I will have a look through all of my settings again and see... i want to be setting that to zero on the child and not the parent dont I? maybe that is where I am going wrong

hmmmz when I set the child border value to 0 the background image moves up as if the caption bar wasnt there, but the caption bar still appears... which means that it cuts the top off the child form..

this is so wierd... i wish i had never added that main menu to the parent form (though i have long since removed that!)

Cheers again for the response.

Emily: Thank you very much for your help... you were right... the only problem was that i had set each child forms property to maximise and center parent... i have now changed those to normal and manual and it is working fine... now my project is 100% complete. and i can release it!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom