May I ask for some help?

thematrixexists

Solid State Member
I want to learn how to code but am broke. Does anyone know of a good website I can go to so I may learn coding from the ground up?
thank you

It somewhat depends of which language you want to learn I would think. Best question to ask yourself is "what do you want to do with your programming abilities?"

If you wanna learn video-game coding like I did, then C++ would be a good choice. There are tons of sites on the web with lots of tutorials and what not to help get you started.

I've also been told on here by another member that if you're planning on coding strictly for windows then C# might be a good choice for you. Otherwise C++ would be better for cross platforming. Again, this is just what I've been told.

One thing I would recommend as an amateur programmer is that you practice with algorithms and pseudo-code. Depending on what tutorial site you go to they may have you do this, which is really good practice for the real deal. In fact, a lot of professionals will use those steps before beginning the actual coding process because it saves a humongous headache! And I can safely say that most computer programmers are lazy and do not want to do the same thing twice, or spend too much time doing something when less time can be spent on said thing. Of course, I would argue it's not being lazy but being efficient, but to each their own; connotations and semantics and what not.

Thank you for the link I am sure this will help me out especially in the long run. I give ya props.

@binary ranger Thanks for that info too. I didn't really think about what coding to use. But, I was thinking coding for video games. It makes sense with the art and design background i already have, so it would be fitting. It is good info. and I thank you. and M4TT I was thinking that too. I tried Javascript once, and didnt like it too much as well as html. It just didn't seem to fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
@binary ranger Thanks for that info too. I didn't really think about what coding to use. But, I was thinking coding for video games. It makes sense with the art and design background i already have, so it would be fitting. It is good info. and I thank you. and M4TT I was thinking that too. I tried Javascript once, and didnt like it too much as well as html. It just didn't seem to fit.

It's no problem. Actually if you have any questions about getting started in C++ I might be able to help you. Just send me a message. I'm no expert that's for sure, but I can show you some stuff that will get you going in the right direction at least.

Message me as well with any programming help. I can help with assembly as well.
I'm decent at all C, HTML, Java, Python, and some others, like SQL.

Thanks guys. i did one section of java last night. soon i am hoping to complete that blackjack game code. it would be cool to make my own little basic game. haha

Back
Top Bottom