making bots

Status
Not open for further replies.

dethangel

Daemon Poster
i got a question, how would i go about making a bot? would i need to program it? or is there a program out there that could make it for me? i need a bot to buy and selll magic the gathering online cards in the game for me, automatically while im gone, lots of people do it and no one will tell me how, i figured this would be as good a place as any to ask, PM me or just reply if you know of anything good, thanks in advance!

You could program it, and there might be a program out there for you to download (you'd just have to search to find out). As for where to start, you're just going to have to search the internet, because there are so many variables in a case like this. But it CAN be programmed.

yes, but cant someone give me a place to start? i mean someone here has to know how to program bots, someone out there does, or there wouldnt be any place for them to come from, any help would be great

ps

ive been searching on google for days, cant come up with anything but forums lol

The reason you probably won't get much help here, is because programming a bot depends on a few aspects. All of which, noone here knows.
To program a bot for say...IRC, you would know what protocols to use, what the bot needs to do, and not do. You would also have a wide variety of languages to choose from. But when you're programming a bot for a game, you can't be certain about those vairables, unless you're an avid player of the game. And I highly doubt anyone here is going to spend much of there time learning that game, just to program a bot.
Things that would help us, help you would be:

1. Is this a fullscreen windows game, or a web-browser game?

2. If you know anything about programming, which language does this appear to be made in? (by knowing the answer to the first question, we might be able to help with that)

3. Do you know if this game is Open Source, or Closed Source?

Things like that would greatly help us.
Sorry we can't help more...but I'm triying :)

its a very simple game, not a fullscreen game, but not run in a web-browser, it has its on window that launches when you open it

im pretty sure it is made in c or c+ (or a variant) because the most common error people get when the game crashes (which happens a little too often, they need to fire their programmers) is "buffer overflow" which i believe to have something to do with c (or a variant) i could be wrong as i am no programmer, but these are just my educated guesses

im not sure if it is open source or closed source, but you can download it and take a look (the demo ver is the same as the full ver, you just click free trial) click
here to download

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom