Make money out of free program's?

zaka100

W͂Oͨ̍̍̒̈́͛̕
Hi, I'm in the middle of making a program and I am still thinking if it should be free or not.
If I make it free, I'm going to use a cc 4.0 licence but, I don't know how I will make money. All the ways I've seen now, I'll only get like 1p per download! Are there any ways to make like at least £1 per user? :annoyed:

Hi, I'm in the middle of making a program and I am still thinking if it should be free or not.
If I make it free, I'm going to use a cc 4.0 licence but, I don't know how I will make money. All the ways I've seen now, I'll only get like 1p per download! Are there any ways to make like at least £1 per user? :annoyed:

That all depends on how marketable the program is, and if people would want to pay for it if it they find it useful or not.

What is the program's purpose? Is there already something available that does a better job that's free or already inexpensive? How does yours compare to software already available?

You could make the program free and host it exclusively on a certain website and profit through advertising affiliations

That all depends on how marketable the program is, and if people would want to pay for it if it they find it useful or not.

What is the program's purpose? Is there already something available that does a better job that's free or already inexpensive? How does yours compare to software already available?

i was asking in which ways you can make money.

Like I said, depends if it's marketable in the first place at all.

There's what iParanormal suggested. Or host in on your own site with a shopping cart functionality. Or add a donate link on the site or in the program itself.

Sent from my HTC One

In whatever software you plan on doing, asking for a donation might work if peeps like it...
Something like this:
KImPrJq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom