Looking for a good begginers PHP book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
I've done some work in HTML, I feel that I know it pretty well. I would like to start using PHP so I can do some more advanced things. I've done some things with PHP and followed some guides to learn PHP (W3C Schools, php.net) but I would like something a little bit more in depth for beginners. Any suggestions?

I was going to suggest an O'Reilly book as they're very good. I'd also suggest any book which is PHP and MySQL combined, as they go hand in hand when it comes to building a dynamic website powered by a database.

Personally I never learn from books when it comes to programming, except of course the theory. I just come up with an idea in my head of what I want to build, and then figure it out with a PHP reference (w3schools) and googling particular problems as I encounter them.

A book I bought was this. It's got a few good case studies in to practise with including a fully functional eCommerce site. Although I never read it in-depth, I lent it to a housemate who needed it for his university course, and he found it very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom