looking for a c# book (got it down to 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

j115511

Solid State Member
so i decided to pick up a programming language and ive been playing around with c++ for the past few weeks but i recently decided i want to upgrade to c#. i figured id go old school and learn from a book. i went to the bookstore and i briefly looked through some c# beginner books(briefly cause they are all 800 pages lol). the three i saw that looked fairly good were

1. head first c# - Head First C# - Andrew Stellman - Paperback (ISBN 9781449380342) - Buy Books, Music and Movies at Borders

2. visual c # step by step - Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Step by Step - John Sharp - Hardcover (ISBN 9780735626706) - Buy Books, Music and Movies at Borders

3 c# for dummies 8 in 1 - C# 2010 All-in-one for Dummies - Bill Sempf - Paperback (ISBN 9780470563489) - Buy Books, Music and Movies at Borders

if anyone has had read any of these and can give me some feedback or suggest a better book let me know. thanks :)

For programming, normally the dummy series isn't the greatest. If it were me, I'd go with your first choice.

yea i was thinking about the head first one, but when i looked through it, it kind of seemed like a lot of stuff going on on each page with all the images and stuff floating around. I wasn't sure if it would help me or confuse me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom