Looking for advice on Python.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I have been reading up and watching you tube Videos on the Language of Python.

Can anyone on these boards explain a bit about this language.

How does it operate, how does it use commands, what are the commands you can use and what is the goal of the language as the desired result.

Is python a good language for beginners with no programming experience at all.

Also what does objective mean by the use of a language. Can someone give me a list of commands or explain this.

I have been reading up and watching you tube Videos on the Language of Python.

Can anyone on these boards explain a bit about this language.

How does it operate, how does it use commands, what are the commands you can use and what is the goal of the language as the desired result.
Python uses an interpreter, meaning it's a bit like how command like languages such as Bash, Batch, PowerShell, etc. work - they're not compiled into an application (like C++, Java, C#, etc), but just 'run' as a script basically.

The 'goal' of the language depends on the script that you wrote. That's up to you.

Is python a good language for beginners with no programming experience at all.
Yes, Python is usually a good starter language.

Also what does objective mean by the use of a language.
Objective as in "Object Oriented Programming" ? Or a different context? OOP means it uses 'objects' within the language, which are classes with properties and functions of their own.

Can someone give me a list of commands or explain this.
I suggest checking out CodeAcademy for a good set of courses on learning Python.
https://www.codecademy.com/learn/python

Last edited:
If you follow the link to CodeAcademy that I posted, it shows the estimated course time, which is recommended for a beginner. Whether or not it actually takes you that time depends on how easily you pick up on the course's concepts.

It says hear 13 Hours. I'm going to start in 5 Minutes after I have a Cigarette.

If I can say absorb this in under 20 hours by Wednesday come I will be happy well entirely with that.

Just one last quick question. You've said python is a good place to start but how does this fair up against other languages. I think Python is a scripting languge but what makes this better than the rest out their. I've been reading that Python is a high level languge and very powerful. Is that true. Whats the difference between this and Java, C++, C#, ECT:

Yes Python can be very powerful. All depends on what you want to do and how easily it's doable with the language.

Biggest difference is that Java, C++, C# are compiled languages and Python is a script language, which like I said earlier, means it's interpreted.

Python Carnage !!

How big is the syntax in the language. I'm struggling to get my head around the basics.

Do you know Python your self.

I'm struggling with the = symbol and the variables,

Not sure what you mean by 'how big is the syntax'. Syntax in any programming language is important, otherwise the program won't compile or run.

No I don't know Python myself - I started with C/C++ and moved onto C#. Now I do C#/Java and HTML/CSS/JS at work, with sometimes doing VB.NET (related to C#).

If you're struggling, don't try and push through the rest of the videos. Watch / rewatch, and practice on any questions/quizzes/projects they have until you do understand it.

Python Carnage !!

How big is the syntax in the language. I'm struggling to get my head around the basics.

Do you know Python your self.

I'm struggling with the = symbol and the variables,

python has the most easiest syntax and you can get the hang of it quickly even if you are a beginner like i was when i learnt it

what do you mean by the '='? i can help.

Last edited:
python has the most easiest syntax and you can get the hang of it quickly even if you are a beginner like i was when i learnt it

what do you mean by the '='? i can help.

I was looking a lot last night in too this about the language Python. I believe it was developed in 1991 and is now up to something like Ver. 5.x.x from Ver. 3.x.x .

What I was curious to know is I think Python is a powerful language especially for a beginner. I'm interested in learning it because I wouldn't mind being fluent in a language but what I'm struggling with is the "commands" as such. What I mean by commands in the actual power in the language.

I posted the " = " symbol because I was reading up on the Variables I think they are too the left and then something to the right .

I'll show you what I mean.

my_int = 7 .

Now posting this above I have no idea what that means, " my_int " to the left as when I was reading up Python is a very big language.

If you don't mind zaka it would be best to give me a full introduction to this language and explain why this language is of a powerful one.

I was curious to know if sites like you tube and twitter are using this what are the possibility's.

How big is the language, is their much to learn for a beginner and also what would be the best software application to use on Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon 64Bit to build scripts in. I've been looking but their doesn't seem much available in the repository's.

Back
Top Bottom