A logical mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenlam

Baseband Member
Hi, i'm currently doing an university placement as an asp.net (C#) programmer in a medium sized company. The problem is that i've been in this job for more than 6 months and I still can't get my head round to thinking logically.

I admit that i've not got a logical mind, but i think its slowly changing.... the problem is, how do I train myself to a logical thinker. Syntax and other stuff is OK but its the way of thinking how to present your code thats the problem. I was doing some stored-pro today and I just could not think of how to do the task assigned to me, but my colleauge did it in less than 5 mins. I would really like to know how I can train myself to be able to think that way.

I practice all day so please don't tell me to practice more ;)

If you live in the UK buy "The Times" every day and do the puzzles on the last page of T2.
If you dont live in the UK then buy any puzzle book with crosswords, Su Doku's and Logic puzzles in it.
They all help build up the logical part of your brain.

People have different speeds of learning, all depending on you and how much you want to learn will depend on the time it will take. :)

what about you list down the steps when designing something?
or if you are free, then try to think how something is done by analyzing it step by steps.
i think this might help...
Good Luck ;)

It all depends on how you learn. Everyone is different, and you just need to find what works for you. There is no "Twelve Step Program" for building your brain logically. It's all relative to how your learn. Just practice, find out what works for you and do LOTS OF IT! :)

Prehaps to be more logical when writing scripts, you could make a brief plan on what you are going to do. Have a look at it, and rearrange your bullet points if you think it will be easier or quicker to do it in another order.

I find that helps for me. But as said above, every person has their own method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom