Learning programming.

To be absolutely honest, if you're completely starting from scratch, I would recommend using C# as a base. Bob Tabor has a whole ton of C# Tutorials for absolute beginners on the Microsoft Virtual Academy website, which teach all the basics of C#, and a few of the advanced things too. If you're going to use Unity, then C# could come in handy there too :)

Edit: And since C# uses the .NET Framework, you can annoy CarnageX with as many questions as you like about it because he knows a lot about the .NET Framework :p

Edit: And since C# uses the .NET Framework, you can annoy CarnageX with as many questions as you like about it because he knows a lot about the .NET Framework :p

Yes, yes I do :p.

Taking training courses at work and in their little proficiency quizzes, I'm now considered an "Expert" in C# :p.

When I began my CS degree our first introduction to programming was C. I would definitely recommend starting with C as it will teach to the fundamentals of loops, logicals, variables etc before going into object oriented programming.

From there, you can pretty much pick any language you want. C# seems a good starting point. If you want something more modern, maybe try Swift.

When I began my CS degree our first introduction to programming was C. I would definitely recommend starting with C as it will teach to the fundamentals of loops, logicals, variables etc before going into object oriented programming.

From there, you can pretty much pick any language you want. C# seems a good starting point. If you want something more modern, maybe try Swift.

C# is very modern as well :p.

Swift would be for iOS development.

C will also make you appreciate one single thing more than anything else in higher level languages: The string keyword. (Instead of using char arrays in C) lol

Well thanks great and if you wanna learn to code I recommend the experimentation approach which is getting code and messing around with it and learning at the same time. I'm actually a Uni student and I use wired2tech.org they teach everything from html to pascal and it's straight forward.

Back
Top Bottom