Learning a language..

Status
Not open for further replies.

|Cashew|

Baseband Member
Im 14, and i wanna get into programming. Eventually i want to be able to make wallhacks and bots (autoshooters) for enemy territory, cod and games like that. I know i will need to learn c++ and have done a few tuts but its very confusing for a first timer like me.

is there a better place to start learning?

lol they have a program in my school for windows visual basic and C++ but C++ is for grade 11 i think im dropping the course tho my teacher is an *** hole. he points out why ur question was stupid and shows you how it is so easy to fix... hes an *** tho I BET UR IN THIS FORUM !!! DANM U MR. ROSS

ummm okkkk , w/e ur intitled to ur own opinion, send my thread more off topic.....

Any help of where to starting learning a language????

Why don't you try a book? I learned most of my C++ (which is not much, I'm still a newbie) using Deitel & Deitel.

Here, Amazon link .

Some C++ veterans will say it sux, but they're just puritans. The book is well-written, has a lot of interesting exercises and is very thorough.

Also, if you don't have the money, get a used copy of the fourth edition. Heck, I have the second edition, and it's very good.

is there a better place to start learning?
Yes, try a book. Several people recommend Deitel & Deitel, but I don't. I'm sure it's a fine book, but it is expensive and is generally used as a college text. Also, it is over 1500 pages. Probably the best C++ book you can get for a beginner is "Accelerated C++ " by Andrew Koenig, who was also on the C++ standards committee. Weighing in at only 336 pages, it uses an alternative approach to learning C++. It teaches you the most useful concepts first, rather than the most primitive. It is well-respected in the C++ community, and has been proven successful at Stanford University.

My suggestion is to get the Koenig book, read it and do the examples, then move on to a book covering the language in depth, like Bruce Eckel's "Thinking in C++".

Yes, maybe you're right, jaeusm. I did pick up Deitel & Deitel when I was in late high school (I also knew VB already). I don't know Koenig's book, but maybe it's a better choice.

Edit: However, after reading the review, I'm not so convinced. One of the reviewers say: "I would not recommend the book for people who have never programmed before, unless they are very determined readers."

Going through the basics first (in any subject) allows your mind to mature before going into the more complex topics. Beginning with basic IF/FOR blocks might be the way to go.

However, after reading the review, I'm not so convinced. One of the reviewers say: "I would not recommend the book for people who have never programmed before, unless they are very determined readers."
That's why we're here to provide help ;)

so i need some textbooks, would my local library have them??

and are there any free html compilers or w/e u call them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom