Learning C++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenken

Baseband Member
I want to learn c++ alot. Is there any places online with full things on it i can read free to learn. Not like tutorials with small things on things.

Get a library card and visit your local library. They might have some good books.

Learning c++ with books and without teacher is very difficult, especialy if you don't know anything about programming.

I would advise you to find a person who is willing to explain some basics, or to find some c++ forums (found one www.daniweb.com - they have lots of examples and tutorials).......:) :rolleyes:

big_B said:
Learning c++ with books and without teacher is very difficult, especialy if you don't know anything about programming.

I would advise you to find a person who is willing to explain some basics, or to find some c++ forums (found one www.daniweb.com - they have lots of examples and tutorials).......:) :rolleyes:

I've gone extremely far without a teacher. It's pretty simple to do, just google things that you don't understand.

-SkyHi

Learning a programming language should never be done with a teacher - unless u just want the basics. You have to develop ur skills well - that only be done thru practise and reading!!

6 replies, and hardly any of you have answered the question :p

Hmm.

Ok. Hit http://computer-tutorials.org and go to the tutorials/ebook sections. They have one or two C++ ebooks. I started learning:

- Sams "teach yo`self C in 24.."
- <someones> "teach yo`self C in 21.."
- C++ for dummies
- Beej's winsock tute

Then I started downloading and modifying random code off http://pscode.com. Also helps to have a friend who knows C++, so when you wanna know how to do something, you can use them as a quick reference.

erm.. he is such a obvious noob that google.com is the best suggestion.. practice search skills will benefit him more in the future :D and what is " with small things on things" anyhow? Also, it fits his requirement "online with full things on it i can read free to learn".... well, google is about as close to that as one can get :D

If you want to learn it on your own, get a book and register to a forum. Learn whatever you can with the book and whatever stray questions you have, you can post it in the forums. Hey! You can even do it here, scrap that registration to another forum part.

If you need any help, I'll be glad to help you out. PM me for my e-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom