learning...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

inatey

In Runtime
would java be a good place to start learning how to program?? or basic?? i have nearly no background knowledg??

java is a little more complicated than basic, but i think java teaches better programmin techniques (object oriented programming). so if you want to get started on an easier language, which would be smart if you dont know much about programming, go with basic. i started with basic and am now learning java in school and c++/c# by myself.

I would recommend learning C or C++ to start. Nothing in the book that says you can't start off by learning a powerful, portable language. Do some research, grab some books... know that with C/C++ you can do virtually anything.

nah c++ is a good one to learn after you learn basic. There are several different kinds of basic (visual basic, basic script, qbasic, and regular basic). BASIC is probably the easiest to learn of all programming languages... I would check out this if you are interested in learning a language:

http://techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=17862

That explains which to learn and which to learn first. I would also check out this thread which posts which ones are for what:

http://techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=19001

They both are useful, be sure to read those before you come back. You see, it all depends on what you want your programs to do.

I'm learning C now, practise is the most important way to be a good programmer~~~for what i know.
But i'm having some problem regarding the compiler i'm using.
I'm using Borland C++ 4.5.
is there any1 know where to get nice compiler (Freeware) that can do well with my win XP Pro?

didi, get DevC++is more stable than Borland C++. you can also try VC++ 6.0 from Visual studio 6.0

I know this is not really a "programming language", but I started with HTML. You get instant results and it's easy. The concept for any programming language is the same-- enter code, get results. And when i say learn HTML, I mean, with a text editor, not WYSIWYG.

Java is a great language to learn first. It teaches strong OOP, good syntax. And it has many similar features to C++ and C (C# implicitly) so those will be easeier to learn as well. But it also depends on what you're wanting to learn programming for. That can make a huge difference in which language to choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom