Which languages are you actively coding in?

Which languages are you actively coding in?

• html / css / xml

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • javascript / vbscript

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • flash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • java

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • c

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • c++

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • c#

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • vb / vb.net

• php

• python

• asp / asp.net

• sql

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • batch (dos) / unix shell

• powershell

• cobol / fortan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:OhGodWhy:

/MFW I started getting into it more :p but I've got no choice, gotta write dem iphone apps
LOL I don't doubt it.

MalbolgeNuff said :p

This Malbolge program displays "Hello world!", with full capitalization and exclamation mark at the end.
Code:
 ('&%:9]!~}|z2Vxwv-,POqponl$Hjig%eB@@>}=<M:9wv6WsU2T|nm-,jcL(I&%$#"
 `CB]V?Tx<uVtT`Rpo3NlF.Jh++FdbCBA@?]!~|4XzyTT43Qsqq(Lnmkj"Fhg${z@>
:CerealSpit:

What is this I don't even

MalbolgeNuff said :p

aGjFa.gif

Here's how you code in it:
1. type random gibberish
2. Success!

Malbolge has three registers, a, c, and d. When a program starts, the value of all three registers is zero. c is special: it points to the current instruction.

d can hold a memory address; [d] is the value stored at that address. [c] is similar.

The virtual machine has 59049 (310) memory locations that can each hold a ten-digit ternary number. Each memory location has an address from 0 to 59048 and can hold a value from 0 to 59048. Incrementing past this limit wraps back to zero.
Before a Malbolge program starts, the first part of memory is filled with the program. All whitespace in the program is ignored and, to make programming more difficult, everything else in the program must start out as one of the instructions below.
The rest of memory is filled by using the crazy operation (see below) on the previous two addresses ([m] = crz [m - 2], [m - 1]). Memory filled this way will repeat every twelve addresses (the individual ternary digits will repeat every three or four addresses, so a group of ternary digits is guaranteed to repeat every twelve).

Malbolge has eight instructions. Malbolge figures out which instruction to execute by taking the value at [c], adding the value of c to it, and taking the remainder when this is divided by 94. The final result tells the interpreter what to do:

For each ternary digit of both inputs, use the following table to get a ternary digit of the result. For example, crz 0001112220, 0120120120 gives 1001022211.Crazy operationcrzInput 2012Input 1010011022221
[edit] Encryption

After an instruction is executed, the value at [c] (without anything added to it) will be replaced with itself mod 94. Then, the result is encrypted with one of the following two equivalent methods.
Value of
([c] + c) % 94Instruction representedExplanation4jmp [d] + 1The value at [d], plus one, is where Malbolge will jump to and start executing instructions.5out aPrints the value of a, as an ASCII character, to the screen.23in aInputs a character, as an ASCII code, into a. Newlines or line feeds are both code 10. An end-of-file condition is code 59048.39rotr [d]
mov a, [d]Rotates the value at [d] by one ternary digit (0002111112 becomes 2000211111). Stores the result both at [d] and in a.40mov d, [d]Copies the value at [d] to d.62crz [d], a
mov a, [d]Does the crazy operation (see below) with the value at [d] and the value of a. Stores the result both at [d] and in a.68nopDoes nothing.81endEnds the Malbolge program.

Copied it. Read n pray :p

After an instruction is executed, the value at [c] (without anything added to it) will be replaced with itself mod 94. Then, the result is encrypted with one of the following two equivalent methods.

In other words, it's designed to be terrible on purpose.

But that in itself is a weakness, given the limited set of options it'd be pretty easy to write a simple encoder/decoder that parses whatever base code Malbolge would be without all the mods and encryptions.

I was introduced to C# my first year of college, but I switched over to using C++ because I was... err, "told" it was a better language in the game design industry. Well, I've decided I want more than to code video-games for a low salary. So I'm currently just waiting for next semester to decide what programming language would be the most optimum.

I've heard different comp science majors say that learning C would be the best way to go, but I'm not sure really. I'd much rather just get a mastery on one language than try to learn 100 different languages. Kind of reminds me of a quote I read in one of my programming books: Ask 10 different programmers what the best language is and you'll most likely get 10 different answers.

That being said I may just stick with C++. It seems easy to get the basics of and has tons of open source libraries, so why not right? It satisfies this script kiddie at least.

Back
Top Bottom