Langauge identification needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

White_Wolf

Baseband Member
I am trying to open a Photoshop Styles file ".asl" for the purpose of copying and pasting the code in many different asl files into one asl file. The problem is Notepad doesn't recognize the characters, and my UltraEdit-32 opens it, but won't allow me to make changes to the file.

If I could figure out the language it's written in, I might be able to find a text editor that lets me alter these files.

Here's a snapshot of what a asl file looks like in my text editor. asl_lang.png - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Can anyone identify the language, offer any suggestions on programs that can be used to alter these files, or just advice on how to take hundreds of separate Photoshop Styles files and convert them into one file.

It's a binary file. Typically, you don't want to edit those by hand. Not sure what you mean by "language" in this context.

Oh, ok. So I guess my text editor just opened it as a raw binary file. In that case, my attempt at opening hundreds of these files, copying all the text into one giant asl file to be opened by Photoshop, isn't going to work.

I'll have to find some other way of putting them all into one package.

Thanx for the help ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom